Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Time To Keep Silent

I apologize for the lateness of this "Monday Meditation". Page & I have been crazy busy!! Thanks for your patience. :-)


I don't know about you, but I'm a talker. I can talk about anything and everything (and especially if you give me caffeine - watch out! haha) Most people don't think of me as "shy", and it's because I'm really not. I tend to have no problem speaking my mind, but I've learned that there's a time and place to do it. Sometimes, it's just not wise to open up my mouth. :-) Can you relate?


As I was reading in Ecclesiastes 3 yesterday, verse 7 really hit me. "....a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" I was convicted by that, knowing that there have been many times when I've said something and regretted it. I think we as women have a tendency to do this. It's so easy to get wrapped up in the moment and speak out of emotion. The Bible here is warning us that there's a time to speak, but there's also a time to keep silent. When we're yielded to the Holy Spirit, He will help us to know when those specific times are. Our tongue might be small, but it can get us into trouble!!

James 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!


James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.


James 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

Unless we're yielded to the Word of God, our tongue is capable of great destruction! That's why the Bible cautions us with the above verses about how dangerous our tongue can be when not controlled by the Word of God!

1 Peter 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

I hope this is as much a blessing to you as it was to me! Something to be reminded of, and to continue to meditate on as we go throughout our week.

Have a great week, Everyone!!

~Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment