Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Let's Get Organized!



Ahh, what a beautiful pantry (now don't most of us wish we had a pantry that big!!)
I detest clutter, and love organization. Unfortunately it's something I have to work on, can you relate? I'm very organized in certain areas and very scatter brained in others. { My husband is so good for me, he truly balances me out and helps me so much. Thank you, honey!! :-D }

Maybe it's the carefree designer in me, the creative side, the "go with the flow" part of me that makes me have to work on it all the more. While the other side of me really craves structure, organization and all things "type A". Can you see how difficult this is when I have 2 distinct sides of me? haha!

There's something so beautiful about neatly stacked items, organized shelves, labeled bins, color coordinated closets, things in their place, and everything else that goes along with -ORGANIZATION.

There's a calming effect that happens when your home is free of clutter. There's a euphoric feeling when you take a space and make it beautiful and functional through organization. There's even a giddy happiness when you can find exactly what you're looking for, due to everything having a place.

Anyway, as I said, it's something I have to work on and thankfully my friend told me about a wonderful blog. This blog is genius, and Jen, the creator is double genius! You must visit her blog here to see what I mean.

For one of my "New Year's Resolutions" I mentioned previously how I'm going through each room of my home and doing a lot of detailed organization to make things more functional. When you have a smaller home, it's essential! Even with a bigger home, organization is essential for functionality. I really love Jen's post on "Where to Begin" because I think it can get quite overwhelming unless you know where to start....

Here are some fabulous tips from this Organizing guru:

1. Pick a space/zone - Start Small
2. Make a list - Prioritize Projects
3. Sort belongings
4. Sell/Donate/Recycle/Toss
5. Organize - Place items where it makes the most sense
6. Pat yourself on the back, do a little dance, give a high five... feel accomplished!!

You can take the time to read the detailed post here on her blog. I highly suggest it!

In closing, I hope these tips have been inspiring!!

I'm off to ....you'll never guess....do some organizing!!!
;-D

~Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment