Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So what am I gonna do now?



Foreword: I want to thank everyone for all of your kind comments and notes of support. Weight is a terribly hard thing for me to discuss. I battle daily with keeping a Godly perspective about the way I look--and forgetting past failures and looking to Him. BUT,

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Amen!! : D


Well--now that you've met me (here), and seen what the Bible says about taking care of our bodies and eating (beginning here)... I'd like to tell you about some different things that I'm doing now.

1) Eating Healthy and Correct Portions.

1 Corinthians 10:31-33 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."


I have to admit that I love healthy foods. I love practically all veggies and fruits--and in this, I know I'm very fortunate. My biggest problem generally lies in the amount of food eaten. But this is not to say that loving veggies makes it easy to turn down a hot fudge brownie (or a second or third helping, anyways)...

I couldn't fit in this post all of the things that I am trying to keep in mind when it comes to what foods to eat, when to eat, portion control, etc... Yet, I'm not stressing about these things--just accepting them as a part of my daily life and standard of eating.

If you've been reading our blog for any length of time--you know that Lauren & I both think it is important to have organic things as best we can.

I take vitamins, have a daily protein shake (Spiru-tein) which I REALLY enjoy, drinks lots of water... You know the drill. : )

2) Exercise.

Now, I'll be the first to say that I am not a fan of physical activity (unless I've got a camera in hand!)--but I know it's important and healthy to exercise. So--I will. My goal is 30 min. to and hour daily--which is def. doable. No excuses.

3) Gluten Free.

This is a new one for me. I am not recommending that everyone be gluten free--but after LOTS of research and praying--I do believe that it is healthier for me to be gluten free. I will further explain this decision in an upcoming post (as this post is just about skimming the surface of what I'm doing).

4) Blogging.

I truly do enjoy blogging. And, although this is not (and will never be) a blog about "losing weight"--it does encompass what God is doing in the lives of Lauren & I--and what He impresses on us to share and write about. And a "biggie" in my life right now (pun hilariously intended--even though I didn't realize it at first!! Bwa ha ha!!)--is my weight and all that I am learning about myself.

God will work this work through me. I just have to keep the world's views out of mind--and Him FIRST AND FOREMOST!

5) LOTS AND LOTS of praying and talking to God, and Bible reading.

Maybe this should have been point #1--as this is really what is most important.

Everyday--this is where my focus starts.

If not--it's too easy to just want to "be skinny" and forget that this is all about glorifying God and not myself...

Romans 8:5-8 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."


If not--I'll be overwhelmed with desires to eat things that, if the truth be told, are nothing short of poison to my temple--versus nutritional and valuable--just for a momentary pleasure.

1 Corinthians 10:13 “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”


If not--I'll be overtaken with guilt about all of the other times I have failed--and see any thing short of perfection as a reason to just give up.

Philippians 3:13-14 “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

And so on. This point is of utmost, vital importance to me.


And this is the short of it ; ) --the skimming over the top of what my plans are. My goal for the blog part of it is to post tips, encouragements, discouragements, struggles... Just on occasion (sometimes more--sometimes less). I also plan on at least summing up how each month has gone...

And, I would also love to hear from you!!

Hebrews 10:24-25 "And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."


Thanks so much for your love and support,

~Page




1 comment:

  1. Page I have enjoyed your enjoy thus far. Weight is a big problem with me, but I found that mine is also related to a health problem. So along with meds, not diet pills or anything diet related, I also have to watch what I eat, and get moving.
    I also agree organic as much as possible. I am so ready for my garden and my herb garden.
    But with portion control one thing that is helpful is to get smaller plates. You fill it up but it is less than a regular size plate.
    If you look at an old set of dishes and you compare the size of dinner plates today is larger.
    Also if you find an old cookbook the recipes are set for smaller portions.
    Thank you for sharing your personnal strugggles.
    Leslie Dee

    ReplyDelete