Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Italy's Secret Ingredient!




This "Quick Tip" Wednesday is actually two tips in one. :-) I LOVE Italian food, and have found that using REAL Parmesan cheese is KEY to authentic flavors in my Italian cooking. Maybe it's because almost every Italian recipe calls for it? ;-) I truly believe it's their "secret ingredient". ha!

Anyway, what I'm saying is - don't cut corners by buying the el cheapo green can that I'm not sure is even real cheese. I buy my
Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese at Sam's Club and find that they're most reasonable.



Ok, second tip - you can use the rinds of your Parmesan cheese! I know Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese is kind of spendy but I'm here to tell you that you can use every last bit of this cheese! How cool is that? I simply freeze the rinds (exterior of the cheese) and then when I make a pot of soup, I throw a rind in my soup and it flavors it beautifully!! The salty, nutty, buttery cheese still on the rind flavors the soup and gives it an added dimension that is absolutely delicious! Simply remove the rind before serving, or if it happens to completely dissolve in the soup - that's fine too!

Have a quick tip to share with us?? Leave a comment below and perhaps we'll choose your quick tip to be featured!! :-)

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

~Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment