Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Healthy Living: Making Your Own Cleaners!

Proverbs 31:27 "She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness."

I certainly have a passion for lots of things, but one of the BIG ones on my list are homemade, natural cleaners. There are so many chemicals in our world, the fewer in our homes--the better!

Now, some of you may be raising an eyebrow at the thought of "homemade" and "natural" when it comes to cleaners, but I gotta tell you--they work, and they work well. Most even work better than the store bought, chemical laden cleaners. (Much to my surprise at times!)

Ok, I'm not gonna drone on about the dangers of some of the ingredients in the cleaners we buy... The internet is overloaded with that stuff. All I really want to do is provide a healthier home to my family and hopefully inspire others to do so. I'll assure you--these things I'll share with you will save you time, save you money, and will be easy to make. I don't have the money to throw away on things that won't give results, nor do I have the time to waste with tons of extra work.

These cleaners will leave you--not only feeling better because of the ingredients--but feeling good because of the the accomplishment. You made these cleaners, to suit you, and your home and loved ones are better for it!

Obviously, I am biased to my homemade stock. But, I really want to encourage you to give it a try. You won't be disappointed!



The above items are my "go to" items, give me these--and I can pretty much clean an entire house; from floors to laundry, from bathrooms to dishes! I'll get you the details soon!! P.S. I forgot the GSE in the first pic, hence the lonely pic No. 2!! : )

Now, I'll share one of my favorite, always on hand cleaners. I use it mostly for the bathroom, but it is great for anywhere where you feel needs serious germ detail. This mixture is a great antibacterial spray and is so simple!

Germs Away Spray

2 c. water
1/4 c. liquid castile soap
20 drops of essential oils
(preferably lavender, tea tree, rosewood, lemon, or eucalyptus)*
*a mixture of the above oils to suit is best!

Place the ingredients in a spray bottle, and shake well before each use. Wipe clean with a damp cloth or sponge.

And that's it! I told you it was simple, and so effective! I like to change the scents up, depending on my mood... : ) Give it a try, and let me know what you think!

Look for many more cleaner recipes to come!!

~Page

No comments:

Post a Comment