Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Thursday, July 1, 2010

**Sensational Summer Stir-Fry**

Proverbs 31:15 "She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens."

I've made Summer meals very similar to this one, but none exactly like this. I found this recipe while perusing the Pioneer Woman's website. I have to say that it is my top favorite recipe right now and I've made it TWICE in TWO days!!! Now, if that doesn't scream LOVE, I don't know what does! There's NOTHING like eating food that is in season, fresh from the garden (or someone else's garden- ha!). My hubby and I are definite seafood fans, so this recipe earns big points with us!

Here's what you will need: *Ingredients listed below*

Shrimp ~I chose to use what I had on hand -smaller with tail on- any size would work, whatever you prefer. (Scallops would be good too!) **If you are not a seafood lover, feel free to use grilled chicken, sausage, whatever you desire**
Slice the Grape tomatoes length-wise, and zucchini on a slight diagonal. Take and slice the corn off the cob.


Sautee' garlic in 1Tbs butter & 1Tbs Olive Oil- place zucchini in pan in single layer




Ingredients
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 12 whole Jumbo Shrimp, Peeled, Deveined, Tails Left On -or whatever meat you decide to use.
  • 2 whole Zucchini, Sliced On A Slight Diagonal
  • 2 ears Corn, Kernels Sliced Off
  • ½ cups Grape Tomatoes, Sliced In Half Lengthwise
  • Jalapenos- I used pickled jalapenos, which are completely optional -I LOVE spicy food, add them to your liking.
  • Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper, To Taste -I also used Italian seasoning and the secret ingredients - cayenne pepper & crushed red pepper to spice things up!! (yes, in addition to the jalapenos -did I mention that I LOVE spicy food? ha!)
  • Chopped Fresh Herbs, If Desired - this is a MUST and makes all the difference. I used Fresh Basil, Oregano, Chives & Cilantro.
Preparation Instructions

Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic. When oil/butter is hot, add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes. Remove to a plate. Do not clean skillet.

Add the rest of the butter and oil and heat over medium heat. Add zucchini slices in a single layer and cook for one minute, tossing once. Scoot the zucchini to the edges of the pan, then add corn kernels to the middle of the pan. Cook for one minute. Add grape tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and toss around, then add shrimp. Cook for an additional 30 seconds, then remove from heat.

Hint: It's even better the next day-it allows the flavors to unite perfectly! ;-)

Serve on a lovely platter and garnish with some of the fresh herbs. As difficult as it will be, try not to eat the entire meal as a single helping, this should serve 4. In our house, it serves 2. :-)

~Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment