Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wow! Do I have something to be thankful for!

Malachi 3:10 "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this," says the LORD of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until there is not room enough."


Well, if this isn't how I feel right now! : )

A little background: We are in the process of building our own home. (Will post some pics in the near future.) My husband is doing this himself. Therefore, Lowe's has become like a second home to us! : )

As we are always there, the first place I always run to is the clearance section (actually, it's the first place I run to in any store!!! Its so ADDICTIVE!)! The Lord had blessed us soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much in this area of our lives! You wouldn't believe how many times we have gone to Lowe's (and plenty of other places) with a need, and found it there for a fraction of the cost on clearance! I could write a million posts just on this subject (and will write plenty more as we progress!).

So my very first post on the subject couldn't have came at a better time, as I was waiting to be shown what to write about for my "Thankful Thursday"!

So, finally, the story: Last night, after church, we made our regular Lowe's run to pick up some needed electrical items. As I said before, the first place I hit was the clearance! You wouldn't believe the things on sale! (*HE HE HE*)

To make this long story short, we ended up purchasing over $500 worth of products, (anything from curtains for our new home to paint to wood stain) for just $82!!!!!!!!!

I am so thankful for the Lord's blessings on us. God not only grants our needs, but He also cares for our wants. GOD IS SO GOOD! And I will be singing His Praises and Wonders all that I can!

Thank you, Lord! I could never express how deeply grateful I am for Your Grace and Mercy! Thank you for saving me and letting me be apart of Your Amazing Wonders!

I love You, Father!

~Page



2 comments:

  1. I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! We have done the same as we are remodeling our home!! Just finished completely redoing our kitchen for about $3000 - including all the flooring, new cupboards and contertops and some new appliances! God is good when we wait on him!
    Heather Brenenstuhl

    ReplyDelete