Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Monday, July 5, 2010

Our First Monday Meditation!

By: Isaac Watts

When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,

My richest gain I count but loss,

And pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,
Save in the death of Christ, my God;

All the vain things that charm me most -

I sacrifice them to His blood.


See, from His head, His hands,
His feet,
Sorrow and love flow mingled down;
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,

Or thorns compose so rich a crown?


Were the whole realm of nature mine,
That were a present far too small:

Love so amazing, so divine,

Demands my soul, my life, my all.

We had the privilege of singing this song in church last night and although I was playing the piano, I was still able to listen and be moved by the words. This is such a beautiful song, one of my favorite hymns, and one that I believe encapsulates the true meaning of Christianity. There is nothing good within ourselves, it is all because of Christ. Each verse is powerful, but especially the last few words "Love so amazing, so divine, Demands my soul, my life, my all." There is no greater joy than living your life for the Lord. I'm reminded of the verse in Matthew 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Christians, this song says it all, meditate on the words and be reminded of God's great love and goodness. How can we not want to give Him our ALL for ALL that He has done for us?

~Lauren


1 comment:

  1. That's so good Lauren! Amen! I know it's easy to just play the hymns but you're right- the words are amazing and I definitely need to pay more attention to them!

    ReplyDelete