Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Monday, August 9, 2010

I STILL DO!

Proverbs 31:12 "She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life."

Matthew 19:6 "Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."


I'm finally home after a week-long wedding marathon. Three weddings in a week! Whew!
Each wedding was beautiful and reminded me of my own wedding vows I made four years ago to my best friend, the most wonderful man in the world!! I'm SO thankful that I am married to God's BEST for me - I am beyond blessed!!

God designed marriage to be the closest relationship on earth, and He describes it as "two become one". We live in a society that doesn't take the marriage vows seriously, has no fathom of true love and commitment, and is starting to lose sight of what marriage really means (it's between a man and a woman, people!) How sad!!

1 John 4:8 "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

1 John 4:16 "And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
"

I was thinking about a couple of truths-#1- God is love. Unless people know the Lord, they really don't have a clue what true love is all about. #2-Marriages built on the foundation of God's Word succeed. When two imperfect people pledge themselves to each other through the power of Christ, marriage is truly bliss and ever successful. There is no good in and of ourselves, it is ONLY the Lord.

As I attended each wedding this past week, all the emotions, memories and sweet moments from our special day flooded back. Four years later, I can honestly say that I am even happier and more in love than I was on our wedding day!! (and that's tough to beat!). I am praising my husband for the wonderful man that he is, thanking him for always treating me with the utmost love and respect, and cherishing the time that we have together. As the title of this post says "I Still Do", we STILL love each other more than ever, we're STILL thankful for the gift of each other and we're STILL in awe of all that God has done for us.

Sean and I committed ourselves to each other for LIFE! We believe in the sanctity of marriage, take our vows before God seriously, and it's "till death do us part"!

I love you, baby - you mean the WORLD to me!!

~Lauren

*photo by - www.laurenelisephotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment