Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thankful Thursday: My Little Red Head


Psalm 127:3 "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is His reward."


This Thankful Thursday, I just had to post about our family trip to Dollywood, and watching a little boy's "dream come true". : )

There is nothing like having a child, and watching them grow. Our son, Little Red, is such a cool kid. Hilarious, smart, inquisitive, and busy are just a few of the words that best describe him (and did I mention hilarious?!??!) Every day is an adventure, every day there is something new.

This particular post zeros in on one of his favorite things: Trains!

Just look at him, so tiny, by that huge train. He studies it, listens to it, and then runs straight for his daddy to show him his new discovery. "Daddy, look!", he exclaims... several times. We just smile and laugh.

He takes off to go get on the train so we can ride, even though it doesn't leave for another 15 minutes. That doesn't matter--he's on the train!


A quick snack makes the time go by a little easier and quicker. It's extremely hot and humid. And I'm trying to get him to drink as much water as possible, but he can't hardly focus on water, because the train whistle is blowing! Eyes brighten, "Choo choo! Choo choo!" This is a very big deal.


We put his sun glasses on, because it's way bright. Then, I see just how much he looks like his daddy. I love that he is so much like his daddy.

The train finally pulls away and we go on a 20 minute ride up the hill and back. Little Red is totally enthralled, particularly when the whistle blows.

I enjoy this train ride, more than any other I have ever been on. This enjoyment doubles and triples for me through my son. I'm happy because he is so happy! : )

I truly do feel "the fruit of the womb is His reward." Children are a blessing. I am very thankful for my son!

2 Corinthians 9:15 "Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift."!!!!


~Page

No comments:

Post a Comment