Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Packing is a PAIN!



This post really merits no practicality, it might be perceived as boring, and altogether it might not be read at all. However, I just have to know who else dreads the tedious job of packing for a vacation! Is there anyone out there that can relate???

My sweet husband is taking me on a "date weekend". I'm SO SO SO thrilled to be able to get away with the love of my life, and I'm looking forward to every moment spent together, but alas....I must pack for this trip.

* I. Hate. Packing. *

I think it's partly due to the fact that in my heart of hearts, I want to be able to pack light....all the while knowing that it will never happen. ;-P Do you know how frustrating that is?
Also, I have no idea what I'm going to "feel" like wearing when I get to our destination - you ladies all know that our feelings definitely come into play when deciding what to wear, right? You don't want to wear something that will make you feel fat, frumpy, uncomfortable, etc - and it totally varies from day to day, for me anyway. ;-) So there's no way of knowing what you'll "feel" like wearing, so I "feel" it's necessary to bring many options. I know they say never to live by your feelings, but this is one area where I must. haha

Then comes the task of deciding what shoes would go best with the plethora of outfits you're bringing, what jewelry, and what accessories you might want to wear - especially for a DATE weekend! Now, part of me thought about purposely "forgetting" a whole lot of things, since we're planning to be in the big city! (hee hee) Then, I thought again and decided I had better "remember" the various items I wanted to bring. My husband, after all, is a very smart man and knows me extremely well. ;-D

Maybe I have negative thoughts about packing because my luggage was lost when I moved to Europe and it took them DAYS to find it. Maybe it's because my suitcase was left at the airport in Italy while vacationing there (thankfully it was still there waiting for me when we realized it was missing).

Who knows WHY I hate to pack so much.....I just do.

Needless to say, I always procrastinate when it comes to packing, I dread it. Afterward, I am always reminded though that it's not as bad as I thought it was. Most importantly, I realize that if I want to go on a trip, packing will always be a prerequisite. So, with that said - I will always be glad to go through the painful, arduous chore of packing in order to get outta town with my hunky hubby.

Let me know your thoughts! Do you dread packing? Are you a light or *ahem*....heavy packer? Where's your favorite place to go for a getaway weekend? Any tips or tricks in order to make the packing experience more bearable? (besides a list -yes, I always make a list) Do you have any humorous packing/vacation stories? Share them with us, we'd love to hear!

Have a great weekend, everyone!!

~Lauren

1 comment:

  1. I honestly don't mind packing at all. I usually forget stuff in the process though, because I'm sooo excited it get to go somewhere! (even if its PRACS

    The thing I LOATHE, is UN-packing. UGH! Everything is disorganized in my suitcase, things are dirty, and squished...and well, not the way they were when they were nicely packed!

    And usually when I get home from somewhere, I just want to crash. And I usually do...but the pile of dirty laundry is still there...I find out I forget to push all my toiletries back where they belong in the MIDDLE of my shower....and well, you all know how it goes. LOL

    So, yeah. Packing is cool. But, UN-packing? Gag me. :oP

    ReplyDelete