Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Thursday, September 30, 2010

You Can NEVER Out-Give God!

Malachi 3:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."

Matthew 7:11 " If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? "

You sure can't out-give the Lord! My husband and I have seen this truth so many times! Giving of yourself, your money, your time, etc. can be a challenge, but it is a command in Malachi 3:10. When we are faithful to give, God always gives back MORE! I was reminded of this fact even this week, and it caused me to stop and thank Him for his goodness to remain true to His Word! I love how the Bible says that the Lord will open the very windows of heaven, pouring out blessings upon us! What an encouraging thought, and I'm here to say that it is TRUE!! It has happened to me!

Luke 6:38 "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

You can NEVER out-give God!

I could give you example after example of how we have seen the Lord work in this way, a result of us proving Him. It is humbling, amazing, and beyond words to watch the Lord work on your behalf. How humbling to know that the Creator of this Universe would care about me!

We live in a selfish society, one that lives for self for that is our world's philosophy -(humanistic -which is anti-God by the way). When you step out of your comfort zone and give of yourself, your time, your money, etc, looking beyond yourself - you WILL see the blessings, for as the Bible says -Acts 20:35b "....It is more blessed to give than to receive."

I want to challenge you to prove the Lord as He says in Malachi 3:10. Have a spirit of giving and watch and see what the Lord does for you!

One of my favorite verses:
Eph. 3:20 "Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us."

You can NEVER out give God!

~Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Lauren it is so easy to give money but we are more selfish with our time. Grumbling about helping when needed either at church or in the lives of others outside the church building. But as we give it is wonderful to see HIM work. I am able to see Him working in the lives of the kids I presently work with and those I have had the opportunity to work with in the past. I pray that as I work with them Iput into them that desire to search the Scriptures for themselves and to see what God can do through them and with them when they are willing to be used.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete