Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Perfect Pumpkin Bread


I LOOOOVE anything pumpkin, and tis the season! I frequent Starbucks quite often and love their pumpkin bread. I like to challenge myself to be able to figure out how to replicate some of our favorite foods at home and this one was no exception! I find that it's VERY similar to Starbucks (maybe even better), which of course makes me really happy. :-)
I have a love/hate relationship with Fall, but one of its best qualities is that it truly is such a cozy time of year. I love cuddling up with my hubby in front of a warm fire, drinking coffee and a enjoying a slice of this moist and delicious bread. If you'd rather make cute lil pumpkin muffins, feel free to do that and just reduce the time accordingly. Try it and let me know what you think!!

*~SPICED PUMPKIN BREAD~*


3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 16-ounce can solid pack pumpkin
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional), toasted

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans (or make 24 muffins). Beat sugar and oil in large bowl to blend. Mix in eggs and pumpkin. Sift flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and baking powder into another large bowl. Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 additions. Mix in walnuts, if desired.

Divide batter equally between prepared pans. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes (or reduced time for muffins). Transfer to racks and cool 10 minutes. Using sharp knife, cut around edge of loaves. Turn loaves out onto racks and cool completely.

Makes 2 loaves or 24 muffins.

Serve the day you make them. Wrap the other loaf or muffins in foil and freeze up to one month so that you'll have on hand for unexpected company. Pairs perfectly with your favorite coffee or tea!


Bon Appétit

~Lauren

p.s. I've heard that there's a pumpkin shortage, better stock up so you can make lots of great pumpkin bread/muffins!

1 comment:

  1. thanks! I wanted a good pumpkin bread recipe. I was given a few pumpkins!!

    ReplyDelete