Welcome

This blog is about two friends, miles apart, striving to pattern our lives after the Proverbs 31 woman. Here you will find our daily journeys, whether serious, funny, practical, or inventive. Thanks for stopping by and we hope you'll stop by often!

~Lauren & Page

Monday, November 1, 2010

The Joy of the Lord Is My Strength!

Nehemiah 8:10b "Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."


Here, I just wanted to list some of the MANY verses that the Bible has about joy.
By definition, "joy" means "a feeling of great pleasure and happiness". "Joy" is mentioned in the Bible 216 times! Think that God was trying to tell us something?!?!?? : )

So what are some of the things from God's word we should know about joy?

*If we are saved, we have no reason not to be joyful.

Psalm 5:11 "But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee."


Psalm 35:9 "And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation."


Habakkuk 3:18 "Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation"


Romans 5:11 "And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement."


*When we are walking with the Lord, joy comes naturally.

John 15:10-11 "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."


Acts 2:28 "Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance."


Psalm 16:11 "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."


*We can, and should, have joy even when things are "not going so great".

2 Corinthians 7:4 "Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation."


2 Corinthians 8:2 "How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality."


1 Peter 1:7-8 "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory"


James 1:2 "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations"


Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."


*Joy is a fruit of the true spirit of Christ in you.

Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."


Colossians 1:10-11 "That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness"


Sometimes, I am so guilty of being caught in the moment--and, needless to say, am not very joyful... But God provides a way for me to be ever joyful--and I should be! : )

Psalm 51:12 "Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit."


Let's check our joy-odometers to make sure they are full!

John 17:13 "And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves."


It will give us strength!

Nehemiah 8:10b "Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."


And lastly, a something cute to help you remember how to keep your joy:

Remember to keep

Jesus first.

Others next.

Yourself after.

A great formula for JOY! : D

Have a great, joyful day!

~Page

PS-Don't forget to enter in our big giveaway!! Look here to see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment